Programme concept:
When looking for an idea for our programme, I wanted to create a documentary that would look into an issue in my community. Me and my colleague are from the Asian community and one of the issues that we have is football and talented Asian players not making it into English football. I wanted to see why Asian footballers find it difficult to get into English Football and the solution to the problems that our community faces and how to over come them. So I decided that I would ask former Asian footballers who played football and even tried to make it to professional football. This documentary would be centred around the premier league. We would investigate why there are less Asian players playing in the premier league. The reason for this is because English football is more broad and harder to look at. So I decided that it would be better if I looked at one thing so it would be easier to look for information and it would be easier to make the documentary.
Target Audience:
When looking for an ideal target audience we originally wanted to make something for an older audience. We came to the conclusion that our documentary would not benefit an older generation because they have already gone past getting into football. This would have a bigger impact on a younger generation who are playing football. This was one of the reason we decided that we would interview someone who is young and still playing for under 16. Our topic would be around Asian footballers primarily from the Asian Indian sub continent.
Interview Questions:
When coming up with questions it was very difficult to construct something that would have a long response. We wanted something that would inform our audience instead of something basic that would be said to get to the next question.
The questions I came up with:
Research Process:
When researching on my topic I looked at a variety of articles, videos and interviews. Some of the interviews was with current Asian footballers and this gave me a few ideas on how I would formulate my questions.When looking at documentaries one of the ones which related to my idea was "They think its all about Islam" which was about Asian Muslim footballers playing league games. I wanted to create something similar but addressing the issue of why there are less Asian footballers. I wanted to make an Original Documentary that had elements of a expository documentary.
When looking for an idea for our programme, I wanted to create a documentary that would look into an issue in my community. Me and my colleague are from the Asian community and one of the issues that we have is football and talented Asian players not making it into English football. I wanted to see why Asian footballers find it difficult to get into English Football and the solution to the problems that our community faces and how to over come them. So I decided that I would ask former Asian footballers who played football and even tried to make it to professional football. This documentary would be centred around the premier league. We would investigate why there are less Asian players playing in the premier league. The reason for this is because English football is more broad and harder to look at. So I decided that it would be better if I looked at one thing so it would be easier to look for information and it would be easier to make the documentary.
Target Audience:
When looking for an ideal target audience we originally wanted to make something for an older audience. We came to the conclusion that our documentary would not benefit an older generation because they have already gone past getting into football. This would have a bigger impact on a younger generation who are playing football. This was one of the reason we decided that we would interview someone who is young and still playing for under 16. Our topic would be around Asian footballers primarily from the Asian Indian sub continent.
Interview Questions:
When coming up with questions it was very difficult to construct something that would have a long response. We wanted something that would inform our audience instead of something basic that would be said to get to the next question.
The questions I came up with:
- Why are there less Asian footballers in the Premier league?
- Do you think it's to do with the performance from young Asian players?
- Does the the culture of football stop people from certain backgrounds taking part?
- In the past,the Afro-Caribbean community struggled to get into football because of racism, do you think its the same with Asian community?
- How do you think the Asian community is going to get passed the obstacles of going into the Primer league football.
These were the questions I came up with. They are long however in my opinion I believe that they would address the issue and will help the audience understand the subject and the answer to the issue that has been raised by the documentary. I wanted the questions to be long so I would not get a straight up 'yes or no' answer which would not help my project.
Research Process:
When researching on my topic I looked at a variety of articles, videos and interviews. Some of the interviews was with current Asian footballers and this gave me a few ideas on how I would formulate my questions.When looking at documentaries one of the ones which related to my idea was "They think its all about Islam" which was about Asian Muslim footballers playing league games. I wanted to create something similar but addressing the issue of why there are less Asian footballers. I wanted to make an Original Documentary that had elements of a expository documentary.
Comments
Post a Comment